Friday, August 20, 2010

Great

GREAT
I am reaching out to you
In desperation I need you
This want is taking over my life
Glorious Father I hold you high

To know that you are by my side
I'm overwhelmed I can't deny
That you are Lord and King of all
And now I know that above all

You're great
Bigger than all my mistakes
Savior I'll do what it takes to bless your name
To you my hands I'll raise because you're great

You're great
And worthy of all my praise
Humbly I'll fall on my face before you're throne
Forever singing songs of how you're great

Jesus you're great, all to you for you are holy
Jesus you're great, Father God send your glory

This is a song we sing often at our church.  I've found that since we've received this news about McKinley, I literally cannot sing the first 2 lines without absolutely choking up.  (Which is really a bummer because this is probably my favorite song to sing!)  And it's now been proven that I can't even type the first two lines without tearing up!  This song rings so true in my life right now.  I am so desperately reaching out to God to heal our McKinley, but above all else I want to bless his name and glorify him no matter what the outcome.
This has been a hard week for us.  We've seen a variety of different Dr's and gotten different reactions from each Dr.  But the underlying theme is that everyone is very concerned.  There is no way to sugar coat what McKinley has.  She is VERY sick, and we need to start to prepare for taking care of her outside of the womb.  I met with my OB yesterday and she was already apologizing while she said it, but her words were that she's "very concerned about McKinley's survival".  Those words sear through me like nothing else ever has.  I'm not willing to go there, or even think about that.
I KNOW that God can heal.  I'm not sure if that is his plan for McKinley, but I desperately pray that it is.  I am so thankful for this precious life that I have already bonded with as I feel her kick and squirm inside of me daily. I'm so looking forward to meeting her and spending as much time with her as God will give us.  My prayers remain consistent, please heal our McKinley and let her spend a long life with us.  Thank you to all of you who are praying the same prayer!

2 comments:

  1. We are continuing to pray for you and baby McKinley. Lots of love and hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...I can't even read this blog without tearing up. You are amazing Jenn!!!! Mike and I are praying for all 4 of you and especially McKinley. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete