Thursday, August 26, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster!

We're so excited to meet these babies!
First of all, thank you all for riding this roller coaster with me!  I have days that are great, days that are bad, days that are hopeful, days where I cry....I hear much of that may be due to me being in my third trimester as well! :)
I am now seeing my Dr's 2-3 times per week, for ultrasounds, non stress tests, OB visits, cardiology visits and nephrology visits.  So, I'm not sure if I'll be able to post after each visit but I'll definitely try to do it weekly.
This weeks visit went much better than the visits of weeks past.  McKinley is really hanging in there!  She passed her non stress test with flying colors, the nurse even commented that she was very impressed with how much these two move considering I'm only 31 weeks along.  I'm so proud of my kids already!  This ultrasound was a quicker one but as they do every week, they are checking to see that McKinley is staying consistent in 5 areas.  1 - Her amniotic fluid level needs to remain within the criteria, 2 - She has to continue to grow at a steady rate, 3 - she has to maintain the appropriate amount of blood flow to her brain, 4 - she has to show movement, and 5 - she has to show fluxion in her limbs.  She passed all 5 of those on Tuesday!  The Dr also mentioned that her kidney (which has been our latest huge concern) really seems to be functioning.  It's a little perplexing, because if she's missing one entire kidney, and the other one is full of cysts, she shouldn't be showing the amniotic fluid levels that she's showing and a few other things they're looking at that seem to be going well.  So each week they look around for that mystery right kidney.  It's almost like it's there but they just can't find it.  The Dr. was really impressed with not only how she was doing, but how I was doing as well.  My cervix shortened a bit, but not enough to be super concerned about.  They are going to try to get me to 38 weeks to get these kiddos as big and healthy as possible, and it looks like I have a good chance of making it that far!  And we can't forget Brooks.  He is doing awesome and I know that he's taking good care of his sister in there.
Your prayers are working, I can't wait to blog about our miracle babies in a couple of months!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there miracles are happening and prayers are being answered.

    Uncle Scott

    ReplyDelete