Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting for results...

Brooks - he sure loves to eat :)
Last week McKinley went in for an MRI to check out her lower abdomen and search for different parts and pieces that need to be hooked up.  I always say that she's my little puzzle that just needs to be put back together. :)  Since she is so little she had to have anasthesia for the MRI, but she's getting to be quite a champ with that and went under and came out of it just great!  We are hoping that the MRI will reveal that she does in fact have a rectum that can be hooked up so that she won't end up with an ostomy for the rest of her life.
I've had to pray really long and hard for McKinley over the last year, and for myself to be able to deal with everything that is McKinley. It has been amazing to see how God has changed my perspective and given me the ability to deal with everything that comes our way.  This is our normal, and we are embracing it.
The other day Tony was You Tubing ostomy care and came across a video from an amazing girl. She has made it her mission to change the way people view ostomy's.  She has a blog called uncover ostomy, and it actually really helped me to relax a little bit about what the results of McKinley's MRI will be.  If you get a chance, check her blog out.  She's very inspiring to me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still praying that they will find McKinley's rectum and that the surgeon's will be able to hook it up and that it will be perfectly functional for the rest of McKinley's life.  But if that is not God's plan, we are embracing beautiful McKinley and all of her uniqueness.
As for how she is doing, she is much better now!  She is over her UTI that she got after her G tube surgery, and smiling again, thank goodness!  She is 13lbs 8oz and has taken a new interest in growling and screeching, kind of like a dinosaur.  It cracks us up!!
And then there's darling, precious Brooks. He loves to talk, coo, babble, constantly.  He just recently started laughing and I can never get a good video recording of it because it makes me laugh, and then that's all you can hear on the video!  He is an amazing sleeper at night (not such a great napper) but absolutely refuses to go to bed before midnight, no matter what we do.  It's crazy.  I think he's like one of those E-trade babies and has an I Phone in his crib or something, because somehow he knows the time.  I actually waited to put him down last night until the clock struck midnight, because I knew that at 11:59 he would still get up. :)  However, this morning, he is still sleeping!!!  It's 10am!  Unfortunately his sister goes to bed around 10pm and gets up at 6:30 so that means I'm not getting as much sleep, but I'm hardly going to complain about 6 hours.  That's way better than the 2 hours I was getting a few months ago!
So....we are currently waiting for McKinley's MRI results.  Please pray that we get great news!  I will update you as soon as I know anything....Or actually, as soon as the kids give me a chance to sit down at the computer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment